I have been wanting to make this post for quite some time and now…my beautiful little bookshelf is finally ready to be presented! Today I am going to be sharing not only the books on my shelf but also the objects that accompany them. As you can see in the overall image, my organisation system of choice is colour-coordination. I adore seeing rainbow shelves online so I did the same for mine. The two shelves on the bottom left are not colour-coordinated because they are a bit random but the complete right side is. The majority of the books you will see are YA (Young-Adult). I have more than this but they are currently stored away. Once Francis and I buy our house, I will be able to set them up on my larger bookcase and post an updated tour.
If you were wondering, I purchased this shelf at Target in Australia. I love the box-like design. You may notice that the white and wood are mismatched. This is because Francis and I put it together incorrectly and couldn’t be bothered changing it over haha!
MY MINI RAINBOW BOOKSHELF!
At the very top, I have my plushies: (Misa-Misa from Death Note, Niko the Shy Cat, Artemis the White Cat, Willy the Whale and Cluckers the Chicken). Underneath them is The Disney Book: A Celebration of the World of Disney. It is filled with fun facts, beautiful images and information about all of the films. The heart runner across the top was a purchase from the Oxfam store.
Also resting on The Disney Book is my bookmark box. If you wish for me to post a bookmark collection blog, let me know!
On the top-right bookshelf, from left to right, we have:
- Queens of Geek by Jen Wilde (I received this in the Special Edition “Pride” YA Chronicles Box)
- Simon vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
- Valentine by Jodi McAlister (I received this in the February YA Chronicles Box)
- The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson
- Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff *Amie Kaufman will be signing copies of her books on September 3rd at the Melbourne Writer’s Festival – Love OZ YA Event. I will be attending and getting my copy of this book signed.
- Paper Towns by John Green (This is my favourite JG book!)
- Thanks for the Trouble by Tommy Wallach
- We All Looked Up by Tommy Wallach
- The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon
- We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
On this shelf I have Belle from Beauty and the Beast guarding my yellow books
On the middle-right shelf, from left to right, we have:
- The One Memory of Flora Banks by Emily Barr
- Frogkisser by Garth Nix (I received this in the March YA Chronicles Box)
- Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson
- Astrology Pond by Rebecca Rossi (This is my very first published novel and Book #1 of the Signs of the Zodiac Trilogy)
- Release by Patrick Ness (I also received this in the Special Edition “Pride” YA Chronicles Box)
- Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz
- The Secret Science of Magic by Melissa Keil (I received this in the April YA Chronicles Box) * Melissa Keil will be signing copies of her books on September 3rd at the Melbourne Writer’s Festival – Love OZ YA Event. I will be attending and getting my copy of this book signed.
- Gemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
- All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven
- Wonder by R.J Palacio
On this shelf I have Anna from Frozen guarding my green books & Ursula from The Little Mermaid guarding my blue books
On the bottom-right shelf, from left to right, we have:
- Where Things Come Back by John Corey Whaley
- Holding up the Universe by Jennifer Niven
- Everything Everything by Nicole Yoon (I cannot wait to see the film!)
- Nevernight by Jay Kristoff
- Facing the Stars by Rebecca Rossi (This is my second published novel and Book #2 of the Signs of the Zodiac Trilogy)
- My Sister Rosa by Justine Larbalestier
- Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake
- Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake
- Caraval by Stephanie Garber
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
On this shelf, Patch from 101 Dalmatians guards my black and white books
On this shelf, I have my signed photo of Anne Rice that my lovely friend bought me. Next to the frame is my Sailor Mercury figurine. At the front, I have a rose-quartz stone that I purchased on a road-trip and to the right, I have my beach terrarium. The air-plant died so I need to replace it. You can also see my Oxfam heart runner hanging from the side.
We now come to my adorable Tsum Tsum collection! From left to right, top to bottom we have: Cogsworth from Beauty and the Beast, Lumiere from Beauty and the Beast, Marie from The Aristocats, Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Buzz Lightyear from Toy Story, Woody from Toy Story, Bambi, Jack Skellington from The Nightmare Before Christmas, Anna from Frozen, Olaf from Frozen, Elsa from Frozen, Dumbo, Stitch from Lilo and Stitch, Goofy, Timon from The Lion King and Pumbaa from The Lion King.
I love them! I need more!
We now leave the rainbow-section and enter a more miscellaneous area. From left to right, we have:
- Deception Point by Dan Brown (This isn’t my copy – I borrowed it because it is the only Dan Brown book I have not yet read)
- The Demonata Series by Darren Shan: Omnibus Edition #1 featuring Lord Loss & Demon Thief, Omnibus Edition #2 featuring Slawter & Bec, Omnibus Edition #3 featuring Blood Beast & Demon Apocalypse, Omnibus Edition #4 featuring Death’s Shadow & Wolf Island and Omnibus Edition #5 featuring Dark Calling & Hell’s Heroes *This is one of the best series I have ever read. Back when I was a teenager, I read the first 4 books and the 5th never came to my local library so I couldn’t continue. Now, I am currently reading it all over again and loving where I left off – highly recommend!
- Flame in the Mist by Renee Ahdieh (I received this in the May YA Chronicles Box)
- Why We Broke Up by Daniel Handler
On this shelf, Nick Wilde from Zootopia guards my darker books.
On this shelf, at the back, I have the Sally Pop Funko from The Nightmare Before Christmas. Next to her is Fresco, my knitted blue sloth and in his lap is a wooden painted egg from Tree of Life. At the front is my tea-light candle holder from Aladdin the Musical. Underneath is the special illustrated editions of Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone and Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. I adore them!
On my final shelf, there are more miscellaneous books. From left to right, we have:
- Ready Player One by Ernest Cline (Best.Book.Ever!)
- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas * Angie Thomas will be signing copies of her book on August 27th at the Melbourne Writer’s Festival – YA & Activism Event. I will be attending and getting my copy signed.
- The Messenger by Markus Zusak (I have the audio-book)
- My Rainbow Rowell Collection: Kindred Spirits (World Book Day 2016 Edition – Short Story), Attachments, Landline, Fangirl, Eleanor & Park and Carry On. *Rainbow Rowell fast became my favourite female author (alongside Anne Rice of course!). I have read every one of her books and own them all. Each one is 5/5 stars!
On the far left, I have a pack of Shadowhunter Tarot Cards which I purchased from Cassandra Clare’s website. The artwork is stunning and each card features one of the many incredible characters from the Shadowhunter series. I have read every Shadowhunter/Cassandra Clare book so far.
So that was my mini-rainbow bookshelf tour! I truly hope you enjoyed it. Let me know which books you recommend I read next & what your favourite YA read this year has been so far. For me, it’s definitely Ready Player One by Ernest Cline.
Thank you for reading. Peace & Love xoxo
Disclaimer: This post contains links to my Book Depository Affiliate which helps fund my blog, I am not being paid or sponsored for this post/products – all my thoughts/opinions are my own