On Saturday November 18th, I was supposed to attend a vegan picnic hosted by my dear friend Jade. We were all asked to bring a plate of food so I decided to make easy, vegan peanut butter muffins. Unfortunately, we had the worst storms that day so it was cancelled but I still baked them anyway. They turned out so well, I thought I would share the recipe with you all. I found this one online however I changed a lot of things so feel free to do that as well. Let’s do this!
– Muffin Tray – Serves 12
– Muffin Liners (or oil for greasing)
– 1 cup smooth peanut butter
– 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce (this serves as the egg replacement)
– 1/3 cup coconut sugar (or sugar of choice)
– 2 tablespoons of almond milk (or plant milk of choice/oil)
– 1 cup potato flour (or flour of choice)
– 2 teaspoons of baking powder
– Add Ons (optional): 1/3 chocolate chips, chopped nuts or cranberries. I used walnuts
1.) Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F)
2.) In a large bowl mix peanut butter, applesauce, coconut sugar and almond milk until well incorporated
3.) Add potato flour and baking powder – mix
4.) Add additional ingredients if using (nuts, fruit, chocolate etc) and mix
5.) Transfer scoops of batter into muffin liners in tray
6.) Bake for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean
These came out so well! They were slightly crispy on top and super soft on the inside with that delicious peanut butter taste all throughout. I wouldn’t leave them in for 30 minutes as they were already getting dark at 20 so just check on them to make sure they don’t burn. I think the crunchy, crushed walnuts were a nice touch too. I’m so happy with how they turned out. My husband really enjoyed them too.
Let me know if you end up making these! Thanks for reading.
Peace & Love xoxo