Today I’m going to take you through my typical morning routine on a weekend. During the working week, I am much too rushed to do all of these things. I’ve noticed this is quite a popular post/video to do on social media so I decided to give it a go as well. Please note, my morning routine is quite boring but still, I hope you enjoy!
- I usually wake up between 6-7am on a weekend. Unfortunately, working full time means that my body clock is programmed to wake up super early even when I don’t need to. Fortunately, this means I get a lot more done! Upon waking, I snuggle my husband and check my phone for any messages/updates.
- Once I get out of bed, I go to the bathroom and shower. I cannot eat breakfast until I am clean! I wash my hair every second day with Organic Care’s Dry & Nourish Shampoo/Conditioner. It is 100% vegan, cruelty free and super cheap!
I cleanse my face daily with Thursday Plantation’s Tea-Tree Face Wash For Acne. It’s such a great product for sensitive skin and I’ve found it works the best out of the many I have tried in the past. Once a week, I exfoliate with Natures Organics Face Scrub. Both products are 100% vegan and cruelty free – of course!
- I love this shower gel I picked up from The Body Shop. If you know me, you know rose is one of my favourite scents. It is so beautiful and sweet-smelling. I was assured this product was also vegan and cruelty free. I also brush my teeth, shave and moisturise daily.
- My husband can attest to this fact but I am obsessed with making our bed. It was the first chore my mum taught me to do daily growing up and since then, I cannot leave a bed unmade. I even make hotel beds! There is something so therapeutic and satisfying about it – strange as that may sound. I have to make the bed before I can truly relax.
- As I’m getting ready, I use my Tea Tree Deodorant from Thursday Plantation. I really love this brand! I also buy their shampoo and conditioner every now and then. I spritz my face with Sukin’s Hydrating Mist Toner and moisturise with Australian Pure Beauty. All products are vegan and cruelty free.
- Breakfast time! On this particular day, I had cereal called Organic Maple Crunch with some coconut yoghurt, chia seeds, dessicated coconut and some frozen raspberries. Delicious!
- Whilst I’m eating, I spend the morning watching YouTube videos on my laptop or editing blogs. The reason this picture is so dark is because I didn’t want you all to see how dusty and dirty my laptop is. I hope you like the stickers!
- One thing I do every single day without fail is journal. From the top is a.) My 9 3/4’s journal – I just document my day in this one, b.) My One-Sentence A Day Journal for 5 Years inspired by The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin, c.) My Book Review Journal, d.) My Harry Potter Potions Journal – this is for my 31 Days Of Self-Discovery! (Journaling Challenge), e.) 52 Lists to Happiness Journal – I only write in this one every Sunday and f.) My Children’s Journal – this is my favourite one of all. I write to our future children, sharing life-lessons, stories and how much I love their unborn selves. One day when they are older, I will give it to them. It’s such a special gift for them to keep forever.
- I rarely wear make-up but if I do decide to go out, I literally only put on two things. 1.) My BB Cream from Natio and 2.) My Blush from Australis. I’m very pale so I need some colour in order to feel less ghostly. Both products are 100% vegan and cruelty free. My makeup brush is from Eco Tools.
Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed this post. This is typically what my morning routine looks like on a weekend however sometimes I meditate, exercise, clean the apartment, go out and more. Let me know down below the one thing you must do every single day.
Peace & Love xoxo
Disclaimer: I am not being paid or sponsored for this post/products – all my thoughts/opinions are my own
Great post! I especially liked the vegan breakfast idea! It’s were I struggle as I’m not much of a breakfast person!
Thank you! Breakfast is my favourite meal of the day haha. I like to get creative with mine.
It sounds like such a relaxing weekend morning routine! And a very productive one too where you take care of yourself and make sure you do what you love doing. Like you, I must make my bed every morning! The pillow has to be in place and the sheets have to be all folded up! It just feels not right to me to not make my bed, lol. Also if I make my bed in the morning, it looks more inviting in the middle of the day if I do want to lie down 😀
These days on weekends I get up quite late, 11am or noon if I don’t have to be anywhere. When I do finally wake up, I like to cook. The other day I made pumpkin soup and pancakes to start my day 😀
Thank you my friend! I’m glad you enjoyed my routine and can relate to the bed making haha. Pumpkin soup and pancakes are a great combination. Can’t wait to see you soon xoxo
I love this: I even make hotel beds!
I don’t like leaving my hotel bed messy either 😉
And making your bed at home (or airing it out in an orderly way) is a good way to start things off 🙂
Thank you! Haha I’m glad someone understands. I feel like it starts my day off right! Merry Christmas!