Today I’m going to take you through my typical morning routine on a weekend. During the working week, I am much too rushed to do all of these things. I’ve noticed this is quite a popular post/video to do on social media so I decided to give it a go as well. Please note, my morning routine is quite boring but still, I hope you enjoy!
- I usually wake up between 6-7am on a weekend. Unfortunately, working full time means that my body clock is programmed to wake up super early even when I don’t need to. Fortunately, this means I get a lot more done! Upon waking, I snuggle my husband and check my phone for any messages/updates.
- Once I get out of bed, I go to the bathroom and shower. I cannot eat breakfast until I am clean! I wash my hair every second day with Organic Care’s Dry & Nourish Shampoo/Conditioner. It is 100% vegan, cruelty free and super cheap!
I cleanse my face daily with Thursday Plantation’s Tea-Tree Face Wash For Acne. It’s such a great product for sensitive skin and I’ve found it works the best out of the many I have tried in the past. Once a week, I exfoliate with Natures Organics Face Scrub. Both products are 100% vegan and cruelty free – of course!
- I love this shower gel I picked up from The Body Shop. If you know me, you know rose is one of my favourite scents. It is so beautiful and sweet-smelling. I was assured this product was also vegan and cruelty free. I also brush my teeth, shave and moisturise daily.
- My husband can attest to this fact but I am obsessed with making our bed. It was the first chore my mum taught me to do daily growing up and since then, I cannot leave a bed unmade. I even make hotel beds! There is something so therapeutic and satisfying about it – strange as that may sound. I have to make the bed before I can truly relax.
- As I’m getting ready, I use my Tea Tree Deodorant from Thursday Plantation. I really love this brand! I also buy their shampoo and conditioner every now and then. I spritz my face with Sukin’s Hydrating Mist Toner and moisturise with Australian Pure Beauty. All products are vegan and cruelty free.
- Breakfast time! On this particular day, I had cereal called Organic Maple Crunch with some coconut yoghurt, chia seeds, dessicated coconut and some frozen raspberries. Delicious!
- Whilst I’m eating, I spend the morning watching YouTube videos on my laptop or editing blogs. The reason this picture is so dark is because I didn’t want you all to see how dusty and dirty my laptop is. I hope you like the stickers!
- One thing I do every single day without fail is journal. From the top is a.) My 9 3/4’s journal – I just document my day in this one, b.) My One-Sentence A Day Journal for 5 Years inspired by The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin, c.) My Book Review Journal, d.) My Harry Potter Potions Journal – this is for my 31 Days Of Self-Discovery! (Journaling Challenge), e.) 52 Lists to Happiness Journal – I only write in this one every Sunday and f.) My Children’s Journal – this is my favourite one of all. I write to our future children, sharing life-lessons, stories and how much I love their unborn selves. One day when they are older, I will give it to them. It’s such a special gift for them to keep forever.
- I rarely wear make-up but if I do decide to go out, I literally only put on two things. 1.) My BB Cream from Natio and 2.) My Blush from Australis. I’m very pale so I need some colour in order to feel less ghostly. Both products are 100% vegan and cruelty free. My makeup brush is from Eco Tools.
Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed this post. This is typically what my morning routine looks like on a weekend however sometimes I meditate, exercise, clean the apartment, go out and more. Let me know down below the one thing you must do every single day.
Peace & Love xoxo
Disclaimer: I am not being paid or sponsored for this post/products – all my thoughts/opinions are my own