Today I am going to be sharing with you what’s in my toddler’s backpack. I’ve seen this floating around on YouTube and various blogs, so I decided to do it too. I am hoping to provide helpful suggestions for other parents who may be unsure what to pack on a daily basis for their toddlers. Just to clarify, Abigail’s backpack comes with us everywhere; to playgroup, swimming, outings and more. It is from ‘The Very Hungry Caterpillar’, which my sister got for her in a themed show-bag. You can order a similar one here. I love how large it is. There is a big compartment at the back and a smaller one at the front. It’s also ridiculously adorable! I’m not going to provide images of everything, but I will source the majority of the items. Without further ado, let’s get into it!
– I always keep a change of clothes for Abigail just in case. At the moment I have a onesie, t-shirt and leggings packed. I also store some socks and shoes.
– I keep 3 nappies packed at all times plus wipes. I buy both of these from ALDI because not only are they the most cost-effective, they also don’t irritate Abigail’s sensitive skin and the nappies fit really well. Click here to see the nappies I buy. The wipes are by the same brand.
– I have a bag of nappy sacks which are fragranced, so you can just dispose of the nappies in the bin completely wrapped. I also bring a disposable change mat to lay down on any surface. I get both of these products from this brand.
– I bring a hat so Abi can play outdoors safely. I bought it from a little baby/toddler stall in my local shopping centre. It’s super cute! It makes me think she’s going on safari!
– I keep a tube of sunscreen in the front pocket for outdoor play and some tiny unicorn bandages for potential scrapes. Abigail is now running so accidents are more common.
– I pack a mini towel and bib to keep Abi clean during mealtimes.
– I always, always pack snacks no matter where we go. The best parenting tip I can give is to keep snacks on hand. I usually give her a banana, some rice cakes, a nut bar or chia pods to eat whilst we are out. If we are going somewhere for lunch I’ll bring a smoothie in her sippy cup. I also bring her drink bottle full of water. Abigail gulps water down like it’s nobody’s business, so I make sure she’s well hydrated.
– Sidenote: I don’t pack books or toys at this stage because Abi isn’t really interested in them. She prefers to people watch when we are out and about.
– Depending on the weather, I bring cooler or warmer accessories like beanies and blankets. For swimming I always pack a towel.
These are all the things I pack in Abi’s toddler bag. Have I missed anything important? Please leave any suggestions down below. I hope this helped somewhat! Thanks so much for reading.
Peace & Love xoxo